Corfu Old Town
Just 19km from Ithea Suites Hotel, the member of the UNESCO’s World Heritage Monuments, Corfu Old Town is a must visit. Ηaving important influences from the British, the Venetians and the French, who have dominated the island in the past, Corfu Old Town offers important monuments.
As you approach the Old Town of Corfu, Spianada Square, the biggest square in Balkan, is the first thing you see; park your car in the first available spot and enjoy a fascinating walk in one of the most beautiful squares in Europe.
Historical Monuments around Spianada
- Liston Promenade
- Corfu’s Old Venetian Fortress
- Palace of St. Michael & George
- Church of Saint Spyridon, protector of the island
Must do things in Corfu Town
- Walk around the “kantounia”, old city’s narrow streets
- Drink the local “tsitsibira” (ginger beer) in Liston
- Taste the local cuisine, in one of the many restaurants
- Visit the church of Saint Spyridon
- Take a night walk around the city & Garitsa Bay